Tuesday, 4 December 2012
December 4, 2012
Way to end a day... One of my best friends, this super amazing girl who I met over the internet, emailed me telling me that her parents are afraid for her with her friends over the internet. Meaning that she's no longer allowed to talk to me... I feel sick. Physically, and emotionally. I lost someone who I was proud to call my best friend. But when she emailed me, I went straight to my comics to try and calm down, and I realized something... These comics are so much more than some story about superheroes. These things have some of the most amazing life lessons. Deadpool showed me that even in the toughest situations, you can joke around, and lighten the mood for everyone's sake. Daredevil showed me that you can succeed regardless of whatever may try to impede you. The X-Men showed me to fight for what I believe in, but to know when to stop. Hulk showed me that sometimes you just have to embrace your emotions, and use them to help you. And I just feel like these comics have provided a safe getaway for me to hide away from reality, and to show me that I already have what I need to help me get over this painful loss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment